to feeling lonely

7:25 PM

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7
"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. you have recorded each one in your book." Psalm 56:8
"From eternity Lord, You dreamed of me. From eternity You loved me completely"
"But the time is coming - indeed it's here now - when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:32-33
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Lately I have been feeling quite lonely and insignificant. I feel like I am just passing through this life and anyone I try to interact with is just brushing me by. It's a crazy that when you live in the closest proximity to people you can feel most alone.

I am reminded that Christ felt this everyday of His life on earth. I could not even imagine what it would feel like to love every single person He came into contact with and be turned away. He was mocked by the people He loved enough to die for. If that doesn't make you feel lonely and insignificant I don't know what would. How comforting is it to know that I worship a God who has felt every form of sadness. He grieved, He cried, and He suffered all for the very people who sentenced Him to death.

I am not writing this because I have mastered this, I am writing this because I am a work in progress. I need to be able to come back to this and remember why I need to place my trust in the Lord.

0 comments